At Iron Galaxy Studios, our teams support a healthy work-life balance, promote continuous improvement, and champion a diverse people-focused culture. We encourage professionals from every heritage, lifestyle, or background to apply.
This is a full-time position in Chicago (IL), Nashville (TN), Austin (TX), or Orlando (FL) with relocation options for out-of-state applicants.
We are hiring a Staff Accountant who is responsible for supporting accounting and financial-related activities with a large focus on Fixed Assets & Prepaid Schedules. Managing assets from the PO request to the purchase through the Useful Life of the asset. Maintaining databases & schedules monthly & annual audits.
The Staff Accountant position will be instrumental in helping implement our Asset procurement process, research, and identifying items not following protocol. You will collaborate with the Controller to ensure the accurate and timely distribution of the financials and management reports. The applicant should be detail-oriented, possess a high degree of accuracy, and be a team player.
- 2-year degree in Accounting/Finance or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years experience in Accounting or Project Management.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Strong Excel and analytical skills.
- Perform professional-level accounting duties according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Accounts payable review and ensure all expenses are classified correctly.
- Asset management: ensure all internal controls are followed. Confirm 3-way match and booking of all acquired assets. Ensure all tangible items purchased are inventoried in compliance with current policies.
- Contribute to procurement and inventory purchasing.
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system and book all corresponding Depreciation/Amortization entries.
- Find the potential obsolescence of Fixed Assets.
- Maintain a system for capital accruals and work with project managers to ensure completion estimates are accurate.
- Sage Intacct experience.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
ABOUT US: Iron Galaxy is one of the world’s largest independent developers with over 60 shipped titles. Our people combine their talents to create amazing ports, remasters, and new IPs from the ground up. We partner with the top companies in gaming to co-develop and support AAA game creation at the highest level.
Iron Galaxy Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are essential to making quality games. Our teams actively support equal access to career opportunities for all people regardless of age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, national origin, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We prohibit retaliation against individuals who present discrimination complaints to Iron Galaxy management or relevant government agencies. We strongly encourage women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.