Iron Galaxy Studios is a well-established independent game developer who has partnered with the titans of our industry to ship more high-caliber games than any other indie developer. The IT Department contributes in many ways to this diverse portfolio of high-profile projects. This has included providing service and support in developing new features on Microsoft’s Killer Instinct, ambitious ports to the Nintendo Switch with Diablo 3 and Skyrim, tackling the challenges of virtual reality with Skyrim VR, and collaborating with our talented teams across all disciplines to develop great looking content across all our internal projects.
Our Orlando, FL location is seeking a new Tech Support Engineer, preferably with Level 2-3 systems and support experience. If you are highly skilled in User, Desktop, Hardware, Networking, Telecom/Mobile and Software Dev Support, and have a proven track record of contributing in a team environment and managing technical tasks, you could be the newest addition to the Iron Galaxy Studios IT Team.
This is a full-time position based in Orlando, FL.
- Set up and configuration of computers/laptops, mobile devices, phones
- Support of all desktop tech and systems, including dev kits, art tablets, A/V, etc.
- Software/Application configuration, deployment, and optimization
- User/Dev account and access management
- System security monitoring, reporting, and patching
- Physical setup of desks/workstations – mounting monitors or TVs, power & network
- Asset & Inventory Mgmt – physical, and development & support of mgmt systems.
- Support and maintenance of build farms/systems and related IT & Dev tools.
- Troubleshooting and analysis of network & datacenter, systems, hardware, and issues.
- IT process support and improvement – onboarding, access control, ticket mgmt, incident response, service levels, etc.
- Service and support of partner dev projects – establishing access/connectivity, configuring tools/hardware, general tech support.
- Interfacing and collaborating w/ all IT stakeholders – Mgmt/Leadership, Engineering, Production, Dev Teams, Shared Svcs, and Vendors.
- Implementation and support of new service desk system (Atlassian Service Desk + Insight)
- Provide service and support in an efficient fashion w/ an aim to please and sense of urgency
- 3+ years IT Service Desk experience required (must provide references)
- Game or software development support experience preferred
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Minimum of 2 years in a College/University Computer Science or MIS program
- Additional certifications and training applicable to the Service Desk, Network/Systems Support function desired
- Strong writing, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- An understanding of team dynamics and excellent inter-team communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Experience dealing directly with customers/end users
- Extensive workstation build, rollout, imaging experience required
- Experience working with, and escalating to, 2nd and 3rd Level technical support teams
- Experience supporting Microsoft Solutions (Windows, Office, AD, SCCM)
- Experience supporting corporate financial applications/systems
- Experience supporting high-end graphic, media, and animation tools
- Familiarity with programming or development is a plus
- Team player, positive attitude, and ability to remain cool under pressure
- Willing to assist in areas outside of the department to help the studio
- Must be a problem solver