Managing Production Director
At Iron Galaxy Studios, our teams support a healthy work-life balance, promote continuous improvement, and champion a diverse people-focused culture. We encourage professionals from every heritage, lifestyle, or background to apply.
This is a full-time position in Chicago (IL), Nashville (TN), Austin (TX), or Orlando (FL) with relocation options for out-of-state applicants.
Iron Galaxy is looking for a Managin Production Director to help grow and develop a talented Production team. We need a new teammate who can work closely with Iron Galaxy’s Production Leadership to help support our Production team’s growth, help focus our hiring efforts to build a great team, and help elevate our overall service to our department.
- Contribute to the management, guidance, and mentorship of our Production team, including career growth and hiring
- Help drive and present career growth and guidance to Production Team members
- Work with our teams and partners to make sure expectations are met our production work is at quality
- Help evaluate our production processes. Constructively critique and assess their quality for delivery against milestones and project management
- Help manage and contribute to team initiatives around our Production team including guidelines and best practices for our team, and building documentation to support this
- Help drive hiring and onboarding initiatives and improvements
- In rare cases, getting hands-on and helping solve production issues when needed
- Experience in Senior or Production leadership in game development with at least one shipped title.
- Professional experience with game development production tools such as, but not limited to, Confluence, Jira, Excel, Smartsheet, and/or Microsoft Project (or equivalent) experience is desired, but not required.
- Professional experience with Production documentation and process generation
- Values-driven and inclusive, committed to doing the right thing and being respectful to everyone on our team
- Proactive and fearless about jumping into difficult people and project management problems
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus around changes and solutions
- Commitment to mentorship and exchanging knowledge, advice, and best practices with your colleagues
- Love of games and development practices!
ABOUT US: Iron Galaxy is one of the world’s largest independent developers with over 60 shipped titles. Our people combine their talents to create amazing ports, remasters, and new IPs from the ground up. We partner with the top companies in gaming to co-develop and support AAA game creation at the highest level
Safety Notice: Iron Galaxy employees can elect to work from home through December of 2022. This policy extends to hires between now and then. Any equipment that you might need for projects will be shipped to you directly.
Iron Galaxy Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are essential to making quality games. Our teams actively support equal access to career opportunities for all people regardless of age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, national origin, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We prohibit retaliation against individuals who present discrimination complaints to Iron Galaxy management or relevant government agencies. We strongly encourage women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.