Iron Galaxy Studios is a well-established independent game developer who has partnered with the titans of our industry to ship more high-caliber games than any other indie developer. The IT Department contributes in many ways to this diverse portfolio of high-profile projects. This has included providing service and support in developing new features on Microsoft’s Killer Instinct, ambitious ports to the Nintendo Switch with Diablo 3 and Skyrim, tackling the challenges of virtual reality with Skyrim VR, and collaborating with our talented teams across all disciplines to develop great looking content across all our internal projects.
Our Chicago location is seeking an IT Network Engineer to provide full lifecycle support for all IT networking & infrastructure. This includes design, optimization, security, and maintenance of all networks, including connectivity and access to partners and 3rd parties. This role will also manage studio datacenters which will require the support of systems and technologies that include a mix of Windows and Linux servers, VMWare, Unitrends, Fortinet, Atlassian, Perforce, AWS, and other internal and partner game dev tech and tools. The IT Network Engineer will be considered a subject matter expert and an advocate for fellow team members, making reliable and secure technical decisions to support and deploy large scale services, and engineer complex systems that support critical dev and business processes, workflows, and pipelines. The ideal candidate will excel working in a fast-paced environment driving performance and reliability from all supported tech, be a great teammate, and be able to tackle challenging, unique situations daily with a sense of urgency.
This is a full-time position based in Chicago.
- Maintain and monitor all network, security, and computer systems.
- Responsible for management, maintenance, and architecture of storage, virtualized environment, servers, network devices, and productivity tools.
- Work with various vendors, consultants, and service providers to deliver and maintain IT services.
- Resolve issues and prepare status reviews and reports.
- Professionally represent the IT team as a technical consultant on projects.
- Maintain the necessary project plans and documentation of all IT systems.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends.
- Supporting development of the major console platforms (e.g. Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, Android, iOS).
- Create, follow, and maintain documentation and standards.
- Identification of new software and/or hardware to suit requirements.
- Mentor other IT team members.
- Depending on projects on hand, there may be a requirement for regular travel between multiple sites.
- Support of remote users and sites, including VPN support management
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of support experience and proficient knowledge of:
- Routers, Switches, & Firewalls
- Wireless Design & Survey
- IT Security/Security Protocols
- Network Security
- Virtualized Environments
- Working knowledge of enterprise authentication systems (Active Directory, LDAP, Crowd, RADIUS, 802.11x)
- Experience using automated monitoring tools.
- Experience supporting game dev tech & tools such as Perforce, Incredibuild, Unreal, Atlassian tools, TeamCity, etc is desirable.
- Ability to identify incident trends in order to elevate incidents in accordance with standard protocols.
- Able to gather and present information systematically to troubleshoot, resolve, and report on issues.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good analytical, problem solving, documentation, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to perform basic practical tasks (e.g. use a screwdriver, etc. without causing personal injury or wrecking things).
- Knowledge of ITIL and industry best practices.
- Familiarity with PowerShell.
- Experience working with Unitrends products beneficial.
- Experience in Microsoft System Center Suite desirable.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a cloud-based or hosting environment desirable.