Iron Galaxy Studios is seeking a thoughtful, passionate, and inclusive professional to join our Human Resources team. We are a well-established independent game developer who has worked with the titans of our industry to ship more high-caliber games than any other indie developer. We’re known for our excellent work on Killer Instinct, as well as bringing Skyrim and Diablo III to the Nintendo Switch.
As part of our HR team, you will be instrumental in creating a great employee experience for every member of our team by supporting a wide range of HR priorities, including payroll, benefits, onboarding, compliance and various HR projects. You’ll be a key partner to our HR Director, providing valuable advice, information and support to every studio colleague.
While Human Resources experience is valuable in the role, it’s even more important to us that you be thoughtful, caring, organized and proactive. You should be comfortable working with data and reporting tools, especially Excel. We are still developing processes and standards in some areas of HR, so exceptional written and verbal communications skills will also be essential as we develop and communicate new policies to the company. Overall, you should be passionate about the value that HR can bring to the business and to the experience of every single employee.
We pride ourselves on being a studio that does amazing work while maintaining a positive culture and supporting work-life balance for our employees. The HR team is small, but mighty, and works every day to ensure Iron Galaxy remains a great place to work.
- Own the complete onboarding process for all new hires, including I-9 verification and benefits orientation
- Process weekly payroll for our Chicago and Orlando studios
- Partner with Department Heads to ensure entry of transfers, promotions, salary changes etc, in our payroll system
- Be a key resource and point of contact for employee questions on HR topics, such as benefits, payroll, company policies, time off, etc.
- Create and run occasional HR reports for executives, department heads, and finance
- Collaborate with Office Operations as needed on employee recognition and engagement initiatives, such as monthly morale events, company parties, anniversaries, etc.
- Complete administrative tasks that include filing paperwork, off-boarding employees, updating policies and employment verification
- Ensure HR legal compliance, including ownership of annual compliance and liability reporting for 401k, EEO, etc
- Partner with HR Director to write and publish HR policies and standards to the company intranet
- Develop and maintain Employee Handbook • Support special projects in HR and across the studio, as needed
What else are we looking for? Here’s our wish list for the ideal person. If you possess four or more of these qualities, you may very well be the one we’re looking for.
- Proven knowledge and experience with the core job content, especially payroll, benefits, and compliance
- Demonstrated passion for and knowledge of one or more disciplines within Human Resources, such as inclusion & diversity, employee engagement, learning & development, compensation or performance management
- Awesome writer, able to communicate stuffy “compliance” information in easy-to-understand language
- Organized and disciplined, and able to prioritize your time effectively (this is a not a place where you’re going to get micro-managed)
- Values-driven and inclusive, committed to doing the right thing, especially when it’s difficult
- Comfortable working with data and generating reports in Excel and in our payroll systems
- Interest in or love of video games and/or strong desire to be invested in studio life (e.g. events, game nights, making friends, etc) beyond just punching the clock
- And last, but certainly not least, a caring and emotionally intelligent person with great professional boundaries
Does this opportunity sound like the right fit for you? Well, then click APPLY! We’d love to hear from you. Hint: A great cover letter will definitely get our attention faster.