Art Team Manager
- (Multiple states)
- Full Time
At Iron Galaxy Studios, our teams support a healthy work-life balance, promote continuous improvement, and champion a diverse people-focused culture. We encourage professionals from every heritage, lifestyle, or background to apply.
This is a full-time position in Chicago (IL), Nashville (TN), or Orlando (FL) with relocation options for out-of-state applicants.
Iron Galaxy Studios is looking for a passionate and motivated Artist to join our company as a team leader and ensure the growth and individual needs of each team member are met. We are a rapidly growing department and to ensure the highest quality talent for our projects this role is essential to our studio.
We are a well-established independent game developer who has partnered with the titans of our industry to ship more high-caliber games than any other independent developer. We’re known for our excellent work on Killer Instinct, as well as helping to bring Skyrim and Diablo III to the Nintendo Switch.
- Work with the Art Leads, Art Directors, and Department Leads to track upcoming goals for our art department as it evolves and grows
- Support and represent artists as their Career Guide to ensure their development and growth.
- Connect with artist on the team and be the conduit and spark for their future growth and aspirations.
- Work with the Art Directors and Department Lead to create an internal learning and growth system for the entire Art Department.
- Help deliver on our creative goals for visual representation of Iron Galaxy as a studio.
- Contribute to feedback on the artistic look, feel, and visual quality of art assets that represent the art department.
- Communicate and collaborate with other development disciplines to help create cohesive departmental practices across the studio.
- Be an EXCELLENT listener and a proficient planner.
- Understanding an artist’s craft and their individual skill sets.
- Experience in at least one art field (e.g., character, environment, concept)
- Some experience working in interactive media and/or game development, some AAA game experience preferred
- Experiences working with one or more industry-standard engines, such as UE4 or Unity
- Ability in one or more industry-standard software applications, such as Photoshop, Maya, ZBrush, Substance
- Values-driven and inclusive, committed to doing the right thing and being respectful to everyone on our team
- Fearless about trying out new tools with a commitment to keeping up with the latest industry standards, best practices, and approaches to creative projects
- Commitment to mentorship and exchanging knowledge, advice, and best practices with your colleagues
- Expert communication skills to interface with our team members and partners
- Experience in educational growth and leadership training
- Project management software expertise (Jira, Confluence, etc.)
ABOUT US: Iron Galaxy is one of the world’s largest independent video game developers with 60+ shipped titles. Our people combine their talents to create amazing ports, epic remasters, and new experiences from the ground up. We partner with the top companies in the gaming industry to co-develop and support AAA game creation at the highest level.
Safety Notice: Iron Galaxy employees can elect to work from home until September of 2022. This policy extends to hires between now and then. Any equipment that you might need for projects will be shipped to you directly.
Iron Galaxy Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are essential to making quality games. Our teams actively support equal access to career opportunities for all people regardless of age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, national origin, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We prohibit retaliation against individuals who present discrimination complaints to Iron Galaxy management or relevant government agencies. We strongly encourage women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.