- (Multiple states)
- Full Time
At Iron Galaxy Studios, our teams support a healthy work-life balance, promote continuous improvement, and champion a diverse people-focused culture. We encourage professionals from every heritage, lifestyle, or background to apply.
This is a full-time position in Chicago (IL), Nashville (TN), or Orlando (FL) with relocation options for out-of-state applicants.
Iron Galaxy is looking for a Lead Artist to help maintain our stunning visual style by driving the artistic direction of game art at our studio. This role will serve on a team that is collaborating with one of our valuable partners on their AAA game franchise. We need an individual who enjoys leading, collaborating, and has a strong sense of quality character art created in various styles.
- Lead a team of artists or multiple disciplines to create top-notch in-game art assets
- Review and deliver assets within the project’s artistic direction and deadlines
- Maintain a high visual quality bar within performance constraints
- Mentor and contribute to the growth of fellow character artists
- Collaborate with Art Director to communicate visual direction
- Ability to develop and guide a pipeline process, that ensures high-quality visuals for the overall game/project
- Communicate and collaborate with other development disciplines
- Maintain the day to day momentum of the art team and the corresponding project
- Work with Production to schedule and track tasks
- Strong communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- Experienced with PBR engines like Unreal, Unity, or CryEngine
- Expert knowledge of characters, environments, animation, 2D art, and 3D art
- Proficient in modern modeling/art packages such as (Maya, 3DS Max, ZBrush, Substance Painter, and Photoshop)
- Expertise with version control software (Perforce, ShotGrid, etc.)
- Team player with a strong work ethic, collaborative attitude, and clear communication skills
- Strong and collaborative leadership mentality
- A good sense of game pipelines and technology
- Thrives when working in a team environment
ABOUT US: Iron Galaxy is one of the world’s largest independent video game developers with 60+ shipped titles. Our people combine their talents to create amazing ports, epic remasters, and new experiences from the ground up. We partner with the top companies in the gaming industry to co-develop and support AAA game creation at the highest level. Check out our next project at Rumbleverse.com.
Safety Notice: Iron Galaxy employees can elect to work from home until September of 2022. This policy extends to hires between now and then. Any equipment that you might need for projects will be shipped to you directly.
Iron Galaxy Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are essential to making quality games. Our teams actively support equal access to career opportunities for all people regardless of age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, national origin, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We prohibit retaliation against individuals who present discrimination complaints to Iron Galaxy management or relevant government agencies. We strongly encourage women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.