Head of Commercial
At Iron Galaxy Studios, our teams support a healthy work-life balance, promote continuous improvement, and champion a diverse people-focused culture. We encourage professionals from every heritage, lifestyle, or background to apply.
This is a full-time position in Chicago (IL), Nashville (TN), Austin (TX), or Orlando (FL) with relocation options for out-of-state applicants.
Iron Galaxy Studios is looking for an experienced Head of Commercial to drive our product performance, and collaborate with game teams and studio leadership on commercial opportunities. You’ll create and contribute to the long-term roadmap of games and work with our publishing and platform partners to maximize support for our games. The ideal candidate has previously operated at both the strategic level of publishing as well as hands-on with planning and execution of marketing and business initiatives. Experience with console or mobile platform publishing is strongly preferred.
- Partner with the studio and product leadership team to drive the roadmap and product strategy, in alignment with platform, marketing, and other commercial opportunities.
- Build and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders like business and media partners, community influencers, and various agencies.
- Work closely with platform holders and our publisher to advocate, promote and evangelize on the game’s behalf
- Continually push for better dashboard and store placement, inclusion in platform marketing beats, and promotional tie-ins
- Work closely with Strategy to define Publishing KPIs and monitor performance and trends on a continuous basis.
- Research, evaluate and propose content and product partnerships.
- Willingness to speak openly and confidently on innovative ideas and engage in healthy debates
- Build a lean-and-mean Publishing team to support our business and product goals
- Professional with leadership experience in game Product Management or Publishing
- 5 years of experience in games-as-a-service and/or free-to-play, with experience iterating upon a live game over a long period of time
- Exemplary communication and collaboration skills, with a bias for respect and thoughtfulness
- Self-motivated, flexible, and open to building new partnerships
- Lead by example; enjoy developing less seasoned colleagues both within and outside your immediate team
ABOUT US: Iron Galaxy is one of the world’s largest independent developers with over 60 shipped titles. Our people combine their talents to create amazing ports, remasters, and new IPs from the ground up. We partner with the top companies in gaming to co-develop and support AAA game creation at the highest level.
Iron Galaxy Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are essential to making quality games. Our teams actively support equal access to career opportunities for all people regardless of age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, national origin, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We prohibit retaliation against individuals who present discrimination complaints to Iron Galaxy management or relevant government agencies. We strongly encourage women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.