At Iron Galaxy Studios, our teams support a healthy work-life balance, promote continuous improvement, and champion a diverse people-focused culture. We encourage professionals from every heritage, lifestyle, or background to apply.
This is a full-time Mid Level, hybrid position in Chicago (IL), Nashville (TN), or Orlando (FL) with relocation options for out-of-state applicants.
Iron Galaxy Studios is looking for an experienced VFX Artist that brings content to life through high-quality visual effects. We’ll call on your expertise to create and optimize in-game effects while meeting the style and standards of our many partners or in-house projects.
Iron Galaxy is an established independent video game studio that partners with some of the most respected publishers in the industry. We work on a variety of games and look for artists that are excited to shift between both Stylized and Realistic work. If you desire a home to showcase your talents across a variety of AAA titles, this job is for you.
- Develop high-quality, in-game visual effects
- Execute on input from Art Director or Lead Artist to achieve prescribed mood and style
- Communicate gameplay design to the user through visual effects
- Investigate and research new visual effects tools and techniques
- Optimize performance for visual effects on multiple platforms
- Communicate and collaborate with other development disciplines
- Expert communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of optimization, performance tools, and asset creation for real-time VFX including materials, particles, and poly counts
- Experience being in a team crafting a distinct, cohesive visual style
- Ability to adapt between different art styles and techniques
- Experience working with industry-standard engines and software
ABOUT US: Iron Galaxy is one of the world’s largest independent developers with over 60 shipped titles. Our people combine their talents to create amazing ports, remasters, and new IPs from the ground up. We partner with the top companies in gaming to co-develop and support AAA game creation at the highest level.
Iron Galaxy Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are essential to making quality games. Our teams actively support equal access to career opportunities for all people regardless of age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, national origin, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We prohibit retaliation against individuals who present discrimination complaints to Iron Galaxy management or relevant government agencies. We strongly encourage women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.