Associate Environment Artist
At Iron Galaxy Studios, our teams support a healthy work-life balance, promote continuous improvement, and champion a diverse people-focused culture. We encourage professionals from every heritage, lifestyle, or background to apply.
This is a full-time Associate position in Chicago (IL), Nashville (TN), or Orlando (FL) with relocation options for out-of-state applicants.
Iron Galaxy is looking for a talented artist to elevate the visual quality of our environments. You’ll wield your artistic passion through modeling, sculpting, textures, materials, and in-editor compositions. Our teams work on a variety of games and we look for artists that are excited to shift between both Stylized and Realistic work.
We are an established independent video game studio that partners with some of the most respected publishers in the industry. If you desire a home to showcase your talents across a variety of AAA titles, this job is for you.
- Create high-quality content within performance constraints
- Organic and hard-surface modeling in a variety of styles
- Understand features and work to build environments around the gameplay experience
- Work with Lead Environment Artist to establish mood within a visual style
- Help foster a team environment of excitement and passion for creating games
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to fluctuate between different art styles
- Experience in modeling, sculpting, texture, and material creation
- Knowledge of industry-standard software (Maya, Unreal, Zbrush, Substance, PS)
- Comfort with industry-standard game engines (UE4 and Unity)
- Portfolio of previous works and complete projects
ABOUT US: Iron Galaxy is one of the world’s largest independent developers with over 60 shipped titles. Our people combine their talents to create amazing ports, remasters, and new IPs from the ground up. We partner with the top companies in gaming to co-develop and support AAA game creation at the highest level.
Safety Notice: Iron Galaxy employees can elect to work from home through December of 2022. This policy extends to hires between now and then. Any equipment that you might need for projects will be shipped to you directly.
Iron Galaxy Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are essential to making quality games. Our teams actively support equal access to career opportunities for all people regardless of age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, national origin, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We prohibit retaliation against individuals who present discrimination complaints to Iron Galaxy management or relevant government agencies. We strongly encourage women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.