Lead VFX Artist
At Iron Galaxy Studios, our teams support a healthy work-life balance, promote continuous improvement, and champion a diverse people-focused culture. We encourage professionals from every heritage, lifestyle, or background to apply.
This is a full-time Lead hybrid position in Chicago (IL), Nashville (TN), or Orlando (FL) with relocation options for out-of-state applicants.
Iron Galaxy Studios is looking for a visual effects leader to create, guide, and foster an environment of high-quality visual effects. You’ll bring VFX content to life, optimize in-game effects, and manage a team on numerous projects. As a lead, we’ll call on your established experience to meet the style and standards of our many partners or in-house projects.
Iron Galaxy is an established independent video game studio that partners with some of the most respected publishers in the industry. We work on a variety of games and look for artists that are excited to shift between both Stylized and more Realistic work. If you desire a home to showcase your talents across a variety of AAA titles, this job is for you.
- Lead a team of artists building impactful visual effects
- Deliver performant assets within project deadlines
- Direct the creation of high-quality effects that meet established mood and style
- Mentor and contribute to the growth of other artists
- Work with Lead Artist to communicate visual direction
- Communicate and collaborate with other development disciplines
- Work with Production to schedule and track tasks
- Strong communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- Keen artistic eye for detail and timing
- Directed and led a team of artists in crafting cohesive visual effects
- Deep expertise in visual effect rendering and technical constraints
- Experience working with industry-standard engines and software
ABOUT US: Iron Galaxy is one of the world’s largest independent developers with over 60 shipped titles. Our people combine their talents to create amazing ports, remasters, and new IPs from the ground up. We partner with the top companies in gaming to co-develop and support AAA game creation at the highest level. See why we’ve been certified by Great Place to Work and GamesIndustry.biz.
Iron Galaxy Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are essential to making quality games. Our teams actively support equal access to career opportunities for all people regardless of age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, national origin, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We prohibit retaliation against individuals who present discrimination complaints to Iron Galaxy management or relevant government agencies. We strongly encourage women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.