Senior Gameplay Animator
At Iron Galaxy Studios, our teams support a healthy work-life balance, promote continuous, and champion a diverse people-focused culture. We encourage professionals from every heritage, lifestyle, or background to apply.
This is a full-time position in Chicago (IL), Nashville (TN), or Orlando (FL) with relocation options for out-of-state applicants.
Iron Galaxy Studios is looking for an experienced Animator that has a passion for video games. When you join our team we’ll ask you to elevate the visual quality of our projects through movement and personality. We are an established independent video game studio that partners with some of the most respected publishers in the industry. If you desire an environment to showcase your talents across multiple AAA titles, this job is for you.
- Work closely with the project Animation Lead to define processes and potential pipelines
- Help groom junior animation team members to build their hard and soft skills
- Create high-quality gameplay animations that adhere to the style of the project
- Collaborate across disciplines to achieve responsive and readable gameplay animations
- Use strong posing and motion flow to create distinct character-driven actions
- Create high impact moves and convincing reactions
- Utilize efficient creation techniques to support refinement and iteration
- Contribute to a team full of excitement and passion for creating great games
- Experience working on a team to craft a distinct, cohesive visual style
- Deep expertise and experience in working with the core principles of animation
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Working understanding of blocking and splining phases of motion creation
- Ability to adapt between different art styles and adjust quickly
- Experience working with industry-standard engines and software
- Strong and collaborative leadership mentality
- A good sense of 3D & 2D animation fundamentals
- Experience working in a modern game development pipeline and engines
ABOUT US: Iron Galaxy is one of the world’s largest independent video game developers with 60+ shipped titles. Our people combine their talents to create amazing ports, epic remasters, and new experiences from the ground up. We partner with the top companies in the gaming industry to co-develop and support AAA game creation at the highest level.
Safety Notice: Iron Galaxy employees can elect to work from home through December of 2022. This policy extends to hires between now and then. Any equipment that you might need for projects will be shipped to you directly.
Iron Galaxy Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are essential to making quality games. Our teams actively support equal access to career opportunities for all people regardless of age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, national origin, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We prohibit retaliation against individuals who present discrimination complaints to Iron Galaxy management or relevant government agencies. We strongly encourage women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.